Municipal Sports Area
l'Ametlla de Mar's Town Sports Pavillion (in the market square)
The Municipal Sports Area of Ametlla de Mar is part of La Cala Municipal Services, sl which takes the form of limited company and is fully owned by the Town Hall of Ametlla de Mar, with capital is wholly municipal.
The Municipal Sports Area, and the company's objectives are:
• To promote access to quality sport and physical activity at the municipal level, with special attention paid to spreading the practising of sport throughout Ametlla de Mar.
• Encourage the provision of municipal sports facilities and consolidate a network of quality sports facilities.
• Providing all kinds of sports and performing these activities, under the relevant Contract/Programme agreed with the Town Hall of Ametlla de Mar.
• Management of sports facilities.
• Establish strategies for collaboration with entities of any nature that offer sports activities that take place in the town and to join forces with other entities close to the town which allow cooperation and the organisation of sporting events.
• Promote the town’s sporting events, as well as the marketing structure of these events.
• To promote sport in school.
• Encourage the use of public land for the practice of sport.
• To promote and regulate the use of public sports facilities, to facilitate multiple use by citizens and sports associations.
• Promote the local sports associations.
• The construction, improvement and equipping of sports facilities.